Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
- School term dates regulations
- Draft Planning (Wales) Bill and Positive planning: proposals to reform the planning system in Wales
- Delivering Growth: An Action Plan for the Food and Drinks Industry 2014-2020
- Further review of the exceptions to regulations regarding the maximum length of fishing boats in the 0-6 nautical mile zone
- 14-19 Learning Pathways Policy: the way ahead
- Managing radioactive waste safely
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
65 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightDraft Budget 2014-15
Our focus is on protecting the NHS and schools, boosting economic growth and creating jobs, as well as tackling poverty and protecting the vulnerable.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Higher education performance indicators
Based on the HESA publication, this Statistical Bulletin includes data for Welsh Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) at a national level up to the 2011/12 academic year. The bulletin updates the statistics previously released on 3 April 2012.
The performance indicators are designed to provide reliable information on the nature and performance of the higher education sector in the UK and a consistent set of measures of this performance. The performance indicators broadly cover widening participation, non-continuation rates and outcomes. Indicators relate to higher education institutions in the individual countries of the UK.
Key results from the performance indicators for Welsh HEIs are:
- the percentage of young full-time first degree entrants to Welsh HEIs from state schools or colleges was 91.9 per cent
- 29.1 per cent of young full-time first-degree entrants to Welsh HEIs were from National Statistics Socio-Economic Classification (NS-SEC) Classes 4 – 7
- 6.8 per cent of young full-time first-degree entrants and 12.4 per cent of mature full-time first degree entrants, to Welsh HEIs, did not continue beyond their first year
Tel: 029 2082 3528