Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
Secondary school Banding data for 2013 has today been published by the Welsh Government.
- Credit Union savers make a million for Christmas
- Nut free celebration cakes are a recipe for success
- Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Welsh declaration of the rights of older people
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme Review
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
56 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Housing demolitions and hazards
An annual report which includes information on the number of dwellings demolished, houses in multiple occupation and the condition of residential properties.
This latest release updates the statistics previously released on 24 August 2011.
The key points from the latest release are:
- following a period of fluctuation between 2004-05 and 2008-09 demolitions across Wales have generally been increasing though the 271 dwellings demolished during 2011-12 was down by 8 per cent on the 294 dwellings demolished in 2010-11
- during 2011-12, fewer dwellings were assessed by local authorities under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) than in the previous year. Of those that were assessed the percentage that contained at least one Category 1 hazard also fell from 47 per cent in 2010-11 to 40 per cent in 2011-12
- over the last two years, dwellings assessed under HHSRS were more likely to contain at least one Category 1 hazard in dwellings occupied by a single household (non-HMOs) than dwellings occupied by multiple households (HMOs)
- the overall number of licensed HMOs across Wales has been steadily increasing since 2007-08 as local authorities have identified new mandatory HMOs and made increased use of additional licensing powers. However local authorities estimate that the total number of HMOs in 2011-12 was slightly lower than in the previous two years.
Tel: 029 2082 5055