Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on the number of dwellings demolished, houses in multiple occupation and the condition of residential properties.
- The number of dwellings demolished across Wales decreased for the second year in a row. During 2012-13, 118 dwellings were demolished, however demolitions still remain above the low recorded in 2008-09.
- During 2012-13, a fifth more dwellings were assessed by local authorities under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) than in the previous year. Of those that were assessed the percentage that contained at least one Category 1 hazard fell from 40 per cent in 2011-12 to 36 per cent in 2012-13.
- Over the last three years, of those dwellings assessed under HHSRS those occupied by a single household (non-HMOs) were more likely to contain at least one Category 1 hazard than dwellings occupied by multiple households (HMOs).
- The overall number of licensed HMOs across Wales has been steadily increasing since 2007-08 as local authorities have identified new mandatory HMOs and made increased use of additional licensing powers. However local authorities estimate that the total number of HMOs in 2012-13 has fallen for the second year in a row.
Tel: 029 2082 5055