Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A monthly report which covers topics such as employment, indices, exports and earnings.
The Labour Force Survey estimates for the 3 months to February 2014
- The employment rate for those aged 16-64 in Wales was 71.1 per cent, up 2.2 percentage points from the same period a year earlier. The UK average was 72.6 per cent, up 1.2 percentage points from the same period a year earlier.
- The unemployment rate in Wales was 6.8 per cent of the economically active, down 1.4 percentage points from the same period a year earlier. For the UK as a whole it was 6.9 per cent, down 1.1 percentage points from the same period a year earlier.
- The economic inactivity rate for those aged 16-64 in Wales was 23.6 per cent, down 1.4 percentage points from the same period a year earlier. The UK average was 21.9 per cent, down 0.3 percentage points from the same period a year earlier.
The claimant count rate in March 2014 for Wales was 4.2 per cent of the workforce, down 1.1 percentage points on March 2013 (UK rate 3.4 per cent, down 1.2 percentage points over the year).
Tel: 029 2082 5017