Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report showing data on the mode of transport used by students and travel casualties.
The key points from this release are:
- the School Transport 2009-10 survey showed that 110,400 students used the learner travel as provided by local authorities on 1 September 2009
- 90 per cent of single decker buses in use on the date of the survey (1 September 2009) had seat belts fitted compared to 35 per cent of double decker buses
- 92 per cent of double decker buses in use on the date of the survey were registered before 1 October 2001
- 91 per cent of domestic addresses in Wales are within 3 mile road distance of at least 1 primary school, with 81 per cent of domestic addresses in Wales within 3 mile road distance of at least 1 secondary school
- killed or seriously injured (KSI) school pupil casualties have decreased by 31 per cent over the period 2005-09, with slight casualties decreasing by 29 per cent over the same period
- 61 per cent of child casualties on a journey to or from school in 2008-09 occurred when a child walked to school, compared to 20 per cent as a passenger in a car and 10 per cent as a passenger in a bus or coach.
Tel: 029 2082 6960