Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
Secondary school Banding data for 2013 has today been published by the Welsh Government.
- Minister announces £10m funding to improve Cardiff Airport
- Jobs Growth Wales reaches record high
- Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme Review
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2014-2015
- Alternatives to Waste Transfer Notes and other aspects of Waste Regulation
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
57 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on the numbers and the characteristics of the vehicles licensed for use on the roads for the first time.
- During 2012 there were over 90 thousand new registrations in Wales, and 4 out of 5 of these, 72 thousand, were cars.
- At the end of 2012 there was a stock of 1.757 million vehicles licensed for use on the roads in Wales. Just over three quarters, 1.332 million, of these were cars. The vehicles licensed in Wales came to around 5 per cent of the total licensed for Great Britain as a whole.
- The level of the vehicle stock in Wales means that there were 480 cars licensed for every thousand people in Wales at the end of 2012; in addition there were 18 motorcycles, 58 light goods vehicles and 7 heavy goods vehicles for every thousand people.
- During 2012, the average CO2 emissions from a car registered during the year were 18 per cent lower compared with the average CO2 emissions from cars registered five years earlier, in 2007. Comparing all the cars registered at the end of 2012 with all those registered at the end of 2007 shows that the average CO2 emissions across the stock of cars as a whole fell by 6 per cent.
- At the end of 2012 there were 751 thousand diesel powered vehicles in Wales, 42.7 per cent of the total. There were 996 thousand petrol powered vehicles, 56.7 per cent of the total. The remaining 0.6 per cent of the vehicles in Wales, 10 thousand vehicles, was powered by alternative fuels (that is by electric, hybrid, natural gas and so on). Of these 3,900 were electric powered, 700 more than at the end of 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 6960