Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
“Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- New guidance on care and support for over 65s
- Independent report revealed at the Event Wales International Conference 2013 outlines positive impact of games and events for Wales
- “Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- Implementation of Commission Directive 2013/45/EU concerning the change to the botanical name of tomato
- School term dates regulations
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
62 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
- Gross schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,518 million, an increase of 0.9% over the previous year.
- Gross schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,592, a year-on-year increase of 1.3% or £72. This can be broken down into: £4,601 per pupil delegated to schools and £992 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services and varies by local authority.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,072 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 78% and 85% of overall gross schools budgeted expenditure.
- 82% of the total gross schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, an increase of 1.3 percentage points compared to the previous year.
This bulletin has been revised to correct an error in table 1 for the 2013-14 Indicator Based Assessments which were showing previous years data. All headline figures, commentary and all other data remain unaffected.
Tel: 029 2082 5673