Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
Economy Minister Edwina Hart has thanked Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth for his work as Chair of the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone.
- Lasting dedication unveiled to pay tribute to Welsh role in the First World War
- 100 Superfast Cymru exchanges providing faster broadband speeds
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
51 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
An annual report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and school sector.
- Gross schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,528 million, an increase of 0.3% over the previous year.
- Gross schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,607, a year-on-year increase of 0.2% or £13. This can be broken down into: £4,647 per pupil delegated to schools and £960 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services and varies by local authority.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,095 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 77% and 86% of overall gross schools budgeted expenditure.
- 83% of the total gross schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, an increase of 0.6 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Data will be added to the StatsWales website shortly.
Tel: 029 2082 5673