Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
Today the Welsh Government sets out its ambitious, long-term vision for the early years, childcare and play workforce
- First Minister news conference
- Construction begins on new £15m emergency services centre for Wrexham
- Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
21 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes data on the number of children by age, gender and time on register.
- There were 2,950 children (including unborn children) on child protection registers at 31 March 2013. This was a slight increase compared with 31 March 2012 and represents a rate of 47 children per 10,000 population aged under 18.
- There were 1,535 boys, 1,395 girls and 20 unborn children on the registers at 31 March 2013. 45 per cent of children on child protection registers were aged under 5.
- The highest number of registrations was shown in categories involving neglect (43 per cent) and the lowest in categories of sexual abuse (6 per cent) (note that registrations may state more than one category of abuse).
- There were 4,175 children added to registers during the year ending 31 March 2013, an increase of 8 per cent from the previous year.
- The number of children removed from the registers during the year increased by 6 per cent to 4,110.
Tel: 029 2082 3625