Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister wishes Team Wales ‘Pob Lwc’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games
Natural Resources, Culture and Sport Minister John Griffiths has wished Team Wales the very best of luck for the Commonwealth Games.
- Proxima to create up to 68 new jobs in Wales
- Call for evidence as review begins into role of Children’s Commissioner
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister wishes Team Wales ‘Pob Lwc’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
78 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report that provides information on the reuse, recycling and composting of municipal waste. Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
- The percentage of local authority municipal waste prepared for reuse, recycled or composted in Wales continued to increase for the October to December quarter, reaching a peak of 53 per cent in October to December 2013.
- The combined reuse/recycling/composting rate of local authority municipal waste increased to 54 per cent for the 12 months to the end of December 2013, based on provisional data, compared to 52 per cent for the 12 months to the end of December 2012.
- Whilst the amount of waste generated during October to December quarters had previously increased, the waste generated in the October - December 2013 quarter fell by just over 2 per cent compared with the same quarter in 2012.
- The residual household waste produced per person in Wales also continues to decrease, falling to 51 kg/person in October to December 2013 from 53 kg/person in October to December 2012.
Tel: 029 2082 6768