Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
24 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report that provides information on the reuse, recycling and composting of municipal waste. Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
- Provisionally the combined reuse/recycling/composting rate of local authority municipal waste increased to 54 per cent for the 12 months to the end of March 2014.
- The percentage of local authority municipal waste prepared for reuse, recycled or composted in Wales has generally been increasing for the January to March quarter; rising to 53 per cent in 2014 compared to 50 per cent in the same quarter of 2013.
- Whilst the total amount of local authority municipal waste generated in Wales has generally decreased, there was 5 per cent more waste was generated during January to March 2014 than during January to March 2013.
- The residual household waste produced per person in Wales increased by less than one per cent in January to March 2014, compared to the January-March quarter in 2013.
Tel: 029 2082 6768