Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
56 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Our work has focused on two key methods that can be used to gain added value from existing data: Operational Research (OR) and Data Linking. Over the period 2012-13 we jointly funded several demonstration projects with the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) using those techniques in policy relevant scenarios.
We have also sought to develop the ability to link social survey data with other data sources by including a question about ‘consent to link’ to the key social surveys of Wales. This will enable the data to be linked, with appropriate consent, with other data in secure environments to maximise the benefits obtained from collecting this information.
We will continue to pursue opportunities to use operational research and data linking techniques as part of our evidence gathering. In terms of data linking, significant investment has taken place in Wales and the recent award of an Administrative Data Research Centre (ADRC) jointly to Swansea and Cardiff Universities represents a further opportunity to improve the ability of accredited researchers to make use of administrative data in a manner that is safe and secure. We will work closely over the next few years with the ESRC and the new ADRC in Wales, along with the newly-established Administrative Data Service, to ensure that these opportunities are maximised.
As part of this work a series of reports have been produced.
Tel: 029 2082 6229