Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
Economy Minister Edwina Hart has thanked Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth for his work as Chair of the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone.
- Lasting dedication unveiled to pay tribute to Welsh role in the First World War
- 100 Superfast Cymru exchanges providing faster broadband speeds
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
50 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information based on 17 long term output indicators from the Wales Transport Strategy, which were grouped by their social, economic and environmental impacts.
- Some 8 out of 10 journeys to work are made using a car or a van. This has figure has remained constant for the past 10 years.
- There were a little under 49 million journeys made using the Concessionary Fares Bus Pass in Wales in 2012-13.
- The road safety targets set in 2000 were all met by 2010; with 2012 reporting the lowest level of killed or seriously injured, 1,034, on record.
- Bus passenger numbers in Wales has remained constant at some 116 million between 2009-10 and 2011-12.
- Rail passenger numbers in Wales increased from some 26 million 2009-10 to 27 million in 2010-11.
- Road traffic in Wales fell from 26.93 billion vehicle kilometres in 2011 to 26.76 billion vehicle kilometres in 2012, the lowest level since 2003.
- Sea passenger numbers fell from 2.8m in 2011 to 2.6m in 2012.
- Air passenger numbers at Cardiff Airport fell from 1.2m in 2011 to 1.0m in 2012.
- Greenhouse gas emissions relating to transport fell by 2 per cent between 2010 and 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 6960