Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The possession action figures do not indicate how many homes have actually been repossessed as not all court orders result in repossession and repossessions can occur without a court order being made.
- The numbers of mortgage possession claims issued and orders made in the county courts of Wales on an annual basis continued to decrease during 2013. This trend has also continued into the first three quarters of 2014.
- During July to September 2014 there were 684 mortgage claims and 511 orders made, down by 30 per cent and by 28 per cent respectively on the same quarter of 2013 (2).
- Annually, both the numbers of landlord possession claims issued and orders made in the county courts of Wales have increased over the last two years.
- There were 1,444 landlord possession claims made during July to September 2014, down by 18 per cent on the same quarter of 2013. There were 1,231 landlord orders made during the quarter which is a decrease of 7 per cent compared with July to September 2013.
- During July to September 2014, 76 per cent of claims and 80 per cent of orders were made on behalf of social landlords.
(1) All figures shown are not seasonally adjusted.
(2) Not all court orders result in actual repossessions. More information on mortgage repossessions is available from the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML).
Tel: 029 2082 5055