Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
44 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The information on new house building is based on the reports of local authority building inspectors and the National House Building Council (NHBC), which is a private approved inspector. It does not include information from other private approved inspectors.
- Following a fall in 2011-12, the number of new dwellings started rose for the second year in a row with 5,786 new dwellings started during 2013-14. Whilst there were 9 per cent more dwellings started during 2013-14 than during 2012-13, the number of starts still remains well below the level seen prior to the economic downturn.
- Generally the number of new dwellings completed have levelled out since 2010-11, however during 2013-14 there were 5,843 new dwellings completed in Wales which is 7 per cent more than during 2012-13 and the highest annual number recorded since 2009-10.
- During 2013-14 the number of new dwellings completed for the private sector increased by 10 per cent, compared to the previous year, rising to 5,160 dwellings which is the highest number recorded since 2009-10. In contrast the number of completions for the social sector fell for the third year in a row, falling by 8 per cent compared to 2012-13.
Following a consultation on a range of proposals relating to official statistics, new house building information will continue to be collected and published, via StatsWales, on a quarterly basis however publication of the full quarterly statistical release will be replaced with an annual statistical release.
This release is therefore the last in the series of quarterly new house building releases. We will continue to update quarterly data via StatsWales, pre-announce the publication of quarterly data on our release calendar and update certain headline statistics on this page.
Tel: 029 2082 5055