Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
Work is underway on a new hi-tech engineering facility for Control Techniques which is being built by the Welsh Government
- Wales celebrates success at the Great Taste Awards
- £8.8m boost for services to support older people in Mid and West Wales
- Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
48 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 77,148 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 72,868 (94%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 56,033 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 55,520 (94%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 10,353 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 381 calls were answered (out of 383 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.7% of all calls answered).
- 292 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 12% fewer than the number (330) in the April to June quarter of 2008.
- 1,096,712 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, almost 10 times as many as in the April to June quarter of 2008 (113,046).
Tel: 029 2082 5039