Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 69,987 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 66,211 (95%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 54,629 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 51,232 (94%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 11,642 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 344 calls were answered (out of 348 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.6% of all calls answered).
- 321 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 19% fewer than the number (397) in the July to September quarter of 2008.
- 888,078 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, almost 8 times as many as in the July to September quarter of 2008 (112,889), but 19% down on the number (1,096,712) in the April to June quarter of 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5039