Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Law to safeguard & strengthen agricultural industry receives Royal Assent
A new Welsh law to protect low paid agricultural workers and strengthen the agricultural industry has been granted Royal Assent by Her Majesty the Queen.
- Local dialysis service making a difference for patients in North West Wales
- Minister meets volunteers helping victims of hate crime
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Law to safeguard & strengthen agricultural industry receives Royal Assent
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Active Travel Action Plan
- Statutory Guidance for the Delivery of the Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
70 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS expenditure programme budgets
An annual report which presents expenditure analysed by programme of care, including that on primary care services, such as GPs and dentists, as well as secondary care services, such as hospitals.
- Total expenditure for all programme budget categories was £5,427.5 million or £1,765.57 per head of the population. Expenditure in 2012-13 was 0.7 per cent higher than expenditure in 2011-12.
- The largest single programme budget category was spending on mental health problems, which amounted to 11.4 per cent of the total.
- Spending per head of the population on clinical programmes, ranged from £7.66 on hearing problems to £200.87 on mental health problems.
Data will be added to the StatsWales website shortly.
Tel: 029 2082 1612