Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS GP referrals for first out-patient appointments
The October 2014 report due to be released on 10 December will not be published. During data quality checks further errors were found in the data. The postponement is to allow health boards to resolve the new data issues and resubmit correct data. The next publication of this release will now cover the time period of November 2014, and is due to be published 7 January 2015.
- The number of GP referrals for a first outpatient appointment received at a Welsh Local Health Board was 64,319 in September 2014. There tends to be between 60 and 70 thousand GP referrals per month in Wales.
- This is a 15.4 per cent increase compared with August 2014 and at the same percentage as September 2013. However, this is a volatile series and care should be taken when interpreting short term changes.
Tel: 029 2082 5016