Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
- Fire and Rescue Authority – Performance Indicators 2015-16 onwards
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The report being published on 12 February 2015 will be published under the new title 'Assistance for housing improvement'.
- During 2012-13 expenditure on private sector renewal continued to fall, with overall spending (including DFGs) down by 10 per cent on the previous year to £48.5 million.
- Excluding DFGs, around £14.8 million was spent on home improvement and repair during 2012-13 with the majority (92 per cent) via direct assistance by authorities in the form of grants and loans.
- Expenditure on Mandatory DFGs fell by 6 per cent during 2012-13 to £32.7 million, representing over two thirds of all the money spent on private sector renewal activity during 2012-13.
- The number of renewal areas in operation and the dwellings within these areas increased during 2012-13, however, overall expenditure in these areas decreased slightly to £33.6 million(r).
(r) Revised April 2014 following receipt of revised data from a local authority.
Tel: 029 2082 5055