Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Pupils educated other than at school
Statistics are based upon data relating to pupils known by Local Authorities to be receiving education outside of school during the academic week from 14 to 18 January 2013. This is an experimental statistics release.
- 2,577 pupils were recorded as being educated other than at school, with 1,220 of these receiving their main education outside of school.
- The rate of pupils educated other than at school increased from 2.2 per 1,000 pupils in 2011/12 to 2.6 per 1,000 pupils in 2012/13.
- 84.6 per cent of pupils educated other than at school EOTAS) pupils receiving their main education outside of school were recorded as having special educational needs in 2012/13, a decrease of 5.3 percentage points from 2011/12.
- The most frequently used form of educational provision for EOTAS pupils was being taught at a Pupil Referral Unit, accounting for 42.6 per cent of all provisions.
- 1,103 pupils of compulsory school age were reported to be educated at home.
Tel: 029 2082 3599