Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
“Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- New guidance on care and support for over 65s
- Independent report revealed at the Event Wales International Conference 2013 outlines positive impact of games and events for Wales
- “Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- School term dates regulations
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
62 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Statistics on Regional Gross Value Added and sub-regional Gross Value Added for 2011 include data for Wales and sub-Wales regions. The latest release updates the statistics previously released on 14 December 2011.
The key points from the latest release are:
- total headline GVA in Wales in 2011 was £47.3 billion, up 2.2 per cent on 2010, GVA for the UK (excluding extra-regio) rose by 2.3 per cent
- headline GVA per head in Wales in 2011 was £15,696, up 1.9 per cent on 2010, whilst GVA per head for the UK (excluding extra-regio) rose by 1.4 per cent
- GVA per head in Wales in 2011 was 75.2 per cent of the UK average, the lowest amongst the devolved countries and English regions but up 0.3 percentage points over the year
- the NUTS2 estimates for 2011 show headline GVA per head in East Wales and West Wales and the Valleys at 92.5 per cent and 65.0 per cent of the UK average respectively
This will be the final release which uses the smoothed headline data. In future the Office for National Statistics (ONS) will be leading with unsmoothed data, more information can be found in the ONS release under future work plans.
Tel: 029 2082 5017