Cross Compliance Proposals for 2015 »The new arrangements will ensure that farmers continue to generate high quality food whilst protecting Wales’ valued resources and spectacular natural landscape.Learn more »
£8.1million for Airbus announced by First Minister
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the continued support for Airbus in Broughton with an £8.1million package of funding for training.
- First Minister announces 1,100 investment jobs for Wales
- Made-in-Wales NHS pay deal accepted by unions
- £8.1million for Airbus announced by First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Subordinate Legislation Relating to Certain Internal Operations (mezzanine floors)
- Regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Liver disease delivery plan
- Proposals for the disciplinary functions of the Education Workforce Council and a new Code of Professional Conduct and practice for registrants
- Nature Recovery Plan for Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Release date: 11 December 2013
- Total workplace GVA in Wales in 2012 was £47.3 billion, up 1.9 per cent on 2011, GVA for the UK (excluding extra-regio) rose by 1.7 per cent.
- Workplace GVA per head in Wales in 2012 was £15,401, up 1.6 per cent on 2011, whilst GVA per head for the UK (excluding extra-regio) rose by 1.0 per cent.
- Workplace GVA per head in Wales in 2012 was 72.3 per cent of the UK average, the lowest amongst the devolved countries and English regions. This was up 0.4 percentage points over the year.
- Residence based GVA in Wales was £48.6 billion, up 2.0 per cent on 2011. This was £15,799 per head, up 1.6 per cent. Relative to the UK average per head, residence based GVA in Wales was 74.0 per cent, the lowest amongst the devolved countries and English regions and was up 0.5 percentage points over the year.
- The workplace based NUTS2 estimates for 2012 show GVA per head in East Wales and West Wales and the Valleys at 88.8 per cent and 62.7 per cent of the UK average respectively.
Methodological changes have been introduced in the 2013 publication by the ONS. The principal change was the introduction of independent measures of residence and workplace compensation of employees, using only data collected on the appropriate basis. A further change improved the regional allocation of gross trading profits through the use of data from the Annual Business Survey.
Release date: 18 December 2013
These estimates are experimental and last weeks GVA (income based) figures [GVA(I)] should be regarded as the official GVA estimates. The estimates published by the ONS today show GVA in ‘real’ terms (using Chained Volume Measures, CVM) using the production approach [GVA(P)]. Where the GVA(P) results differ significantly from the existing GVA(I) measure, the latter should take precedence. GVA(P) current price estimates are included in the ONS publication to enable users to compare the two current price measures directly. For more information see the ONS website.
- Between 1998 and 2011 GVA grew in real terms by 16.7 per cent in Wales. The increase in Wales was the 3rd highest of the UK countries and regions behind London and Northern Ireland.
- Between 2010 and 2011 GVA grew in real terms by 5.3 per cent in Wales. The increase in Wales was the highest of the UK countries and regions.
- West Wales and the Valleys had GVA growth in real terms of 12.9 per cent between 1998 and 2011 compared to 22.1 per cent for East Wales.
- Between 2010 and 2011 real GVA in East Wales grew by 6.7 per cent compared to 4.3 per cent for West Wales and the Valleys.
Tel: 029 2082 5017