Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
Secondary school Banding data for 2013 has today been published by the Welsh Government.
- Minister announces £10m funding to improve Cardiff Airport
- Jobs Growth Wales reaches record high
- Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
- Welsh declaration of the rights of older people
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme Review
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2014-2015
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
56 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
An annual report presenting information on volume of traffic by type of vehicle and class of road.
- In 2011, the total volume of motorised traffic in Wales was 26.9 billion vehicle kilometres, which is equivalent to 9,900 vehicles kilometres, or 6,100 miles, per head of the population over the year.
- Within this total volume of traffic, cars accounted for 80 per cent of the total, light vans for 14 per cent, and goods vehicles for 4 per cent; motorcycles, and buses and coaches accounted for 1 per cent each; and in comparison, pedal cycles represented a further 1 per cent of the motorised traffic total.
- These vehicles travelled mostly on the major roads, with 64 per cent of motor traffic in Wales either on motorways or A roads. The remaining 36 per cent travelled on minor roads, that is B and C and unclassified roads.
- Motor traffic in Wales peaked in 2007 at just under 28 billion vehicle kilometres, it then fell back by 0.4 per cent in 2008, accelerating to 1.4 per cent in 2009 and 1.9 per cent in 2010, before relatively stabilising with a fall of only 0.2 per cent in 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 5413