Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on the number of Social Housing sales in Wales and their impact on dwelling stock. It covers sales of local authority dwellings and sales of Registered Social Landlord (RSL) dwellings.
- Following a steady downward trend, social housing sales have increased over the last four years and during 2013-14 there were 3 per cent more sales than in 2012-13. However, this varied across landlord type, with local authority sales up by 72 per cent on the previous year, whilst the sale of RSL dwellings was down by 20 per cent.
- Between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2014, a total of 438 social rented and non social rented dwellings were transferred into the private sector through the sale of 179 local authority dwellings and 259 RSL dwellings, via Right to Buy, Right to Acquire and other schemes.
- During 2013-14 the majority of social housing sales continued to be sales of RSL dwellings which accounted for 59 per cent of all dwellings sold.
- Prior to 2009-10 the majority of all sales were statutory sales through the Right to Buy (RTB) and Right to Acquire (RTA) schemes, though this trend switched in recent years with more non-statutory sales. However during 2013-14 statutory sales accounted for 58 per cent of all sales whilst 42 per cent of all sales were non statutory voluntary and other sales.
Tel: 029 2082 5055