Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Professor Graham Donaldson to lead Review of the Curriculum and Assessment in Wales
Professor Graham Donaldson is to lead a comprehensive, wide ranging, review of the National Curriculum and assessment arrangements in Wales, Education Minister Huw Lewis announced today.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis awareness event
- Minister asks farmers to have their say on EIDCymru
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Professor Graham Donaldson to lead Review of the Curriculum and Assessment in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
44 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The data was previously collected on a quarterly basis and published alongside the New House Building data in a combined first release. Following consultation it was decided that from 2011-12 onwards the sales data would be collected annually and published in a separate annual release.
Further changes to the collection of information on social housing sales were proposed and consulted on during 2011-12. The changes proposed in this consultation will not be implemented until the 2013-14 data collection so will not, therefore, be reflected in this release.
- Following a steady downward trend, social housing sales increased over the last three years with 3 per cent more sales in 2012-13 than in 2011-12.
- However, this varied across landlord type, with local authority sales up by 24 per cent on the previous year, whilst the sale of registered social landlords (RSL) dwellings was down by 2 per cent.
- Between 1 April 2012 and 31 March 2013, a total of 426 socially rented dwellings were transferred into the private sector through the sale of 104 local authority dwellings and 322 RSL dwellings, via Right to Buy and other schemes.
- During 2012-13 the majority of social housing sales continued to be sales of RSL dwellings which accounted for 76 per cent of all dwellings sold.
Tel: 029 2082 5055