Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
55 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents information on the amount of housing units that were empty, the number of housing units rented to tenants and the number of social housing tenants who were in rent arrears.
- Both the number of vacant housing units and the percentage of vacant social housing stock increased during 2012-13. At the 31 March 2013, 4,381 social housing units (1.9 per cent of all social housing stock) were vacant, up by 12 per cent on the previous year.
- Housing units vacant for more than 6 months followed a similar trend, increasing by 30 per cent compared to the end of March 2012. As a result just under a third (32 per cent) of all vacant social housing had been empty for more than 6 months at 31 March 2013.
- New lettings of social housing stock, which had been falling since 2009-10, increased slightly during 2012-13 to 21,494 new lettings. The majority (56 per cent) of these continued to be via housing waiting lists, with a further 17 per cent via priority lettings to homeless households.
- The number and percentage of all social housing tenancies in rent arrears fell gradually between 2008-09 and 2011-12, however during 2012-13 the number increased whilst the percentage remained at 32 per cent. However the percentage of tenancies in rent arrears for 13 weeks or more remained unchanged at 2 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 5055