Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2012 and 2013 (in terms of whole-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased slightly by 391 (0.5 per cent) to 72,393.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 164 (2.8 per cent) to 6,073. Of these staff, hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 51 (2.3 per cent) to 2,275.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 186 (0.7 per cent) to 28,254.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 67 (0.6 per cent) to 11,616.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 81 (0.5 per cent) to 15,120. Of these staff, managers decreased by 50 (2.5 per cent) to 1,985.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) decreased by 107 (0.9 per cent) to 11,330.
Tel: 029 2080 1268