Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Wales outstrips the UK on exports
Official figures released show that the value of goods exported from Wales increased by £1.5bn over the past year to £14.8bn.
- Wales ready to welcome the world, Jane Hutt tells Brussels
- Time to get involved, Time to talk Apprenticeships
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Wales outstrips the UK on exports
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Draft Playing Fields (Community Involvement in Disposal Decisions) (Wales) Regulations 2014 and Related Statutory Guidance
- Review of weekly maximum charge
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
49 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Staff directly employed by the NHS
30 September 2013 - Postponed
The report due to be published in March 2014 has been postponed to allow for more time to validate data supplied by the NHS. A revised publication date will be announced as soon as possible.
Between 2011 and 2012 (in terms of whole-time equivalent numbers)
- Directly employed NHS staff increased slightly by 152 (0.2 per cent) to 71,969.
- Medical and dental staff increased by 65 (1.1 per cent) to 5,878; of these staff, hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 57 (2.7 per cent) to 2,229.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 81 (0.3 per cent) to 28,080; of these staff, qualified nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 46 (0.2 per cent) to 21,779.
- Unqualified nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 36 (0.6 per cent) to 6,301.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 92 (0.8 per cent) to 11,542.
- Administration & estates staff decreased by 221 (1.5 per cent) to 15,009; of these staff, managers decreased by 83 (4.0 per cent) to 2,009.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) increased by 134 (1.2 per cent) to 11,460.
Tel: 029 2080 1268