Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing information for number of enrolments and qualifications.
This bulletin is based on statistics produced by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and follow on from the statistics previously released by HESA on 16 January 2014.
- In 2012/13, there were 128,780 higher education enrolments at Welsh HEIs, a fall of two percent since 2011/12. HE enrolments by Welsh domiciled students at all UK HEIs saw a small decrease compared with 2011/12.
- At Welsh HEIs, full-time enrolments remained the same as 2011/12 levels. Part-time enrolments fell by six per cent in 2012/13 compared with the previous year. Part-time enrolments represent 28 per cent of all enrolments in 2012/13 compared with 40 per cent at the 2006/07 peak.
- In 2012/13 there were 101,270 Welsh domiciled higher education enrolments at UK HEIs, approximately 800 fewer than in the previous year. Part-time undergraduate enrolments fell by four per cent but part-time postgraduate enrolments rose by four per cent.
- There were 22,490 qualifications obtained at Welsh HEIs, at first degree level, in 2012/13, a small increase on the previous year. First degrees accounted for 53 per cent of qualifications obtained at HEIs in Wales in 2012/13.
- In 2012/13, there were 21,610 Welsh domiciled enrolments at UK HEIs outside of Wales and 33,080 enrolments at Welsh HEIs from students normally resident elsewhere in the UK. Wales remained a net importer of students, although the net flow into Wales fell by 12 per cent in 2012/13.
Tel: 029 2082 3528