Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents a suite of indicators used to measure our progress including health, housing, jobs, crime, education and our environment.
- In 2014, for the 44 sustainable development indicators, covering 29 key issues, compared with the base year of 2003: 25 show clear improvement; 16 show little or no change; none show clear deterioration and 3 have insufficient or no comparable data.
- All indicators which showed a clear improvement in 2013 have continued to show a clear improvement in 2014. In addition, 3 indicators which showed ‘little or no change’ in 2013 have showed a ‘clear improvement’ in 2014; these were Ecological impacts of air pollution (acidity), Health inequality (infant mortality) and Benefit dependency.
- There were no indicators in 2014 with the status of ‘clear deterioration’.
- The short term changes in bird populations indicator changed from a ‘clear deterioration’ to ‘little or no change’ following an update of data to 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 3234