Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Annual data which includes conception rates by local authority and abortion data.
This report has been discontinued. Annual data will continue to be available on StatsWales.
- Teenage conception rates have generally been falling over recent years in Wales; rates for girls aged under 16 fell from around 11 per thousand girls aged 13-15 in the late 1990s to 5.6 in 2012, for girls aged under 18 fell from 34.2 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in 2011 to 30.8 in 2012, the lowest rate recorded since 1992 and for women aged under 20 fell from 52.6 per thousand females aged 15-19 in 2011 to 48.0 in 2012.
- Within Wales, rates for girls aged under 18 varied considerably in 2012, from 39.9 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in Blaenau Gwent to 19.1 in Powys.
- 43 per cent of conceptions for the under 18s were terminated by abortion and 20 per cent at all ages.
Tel: 029 2082 5080