Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
Today the Welsh Government sets out its ambitious, long-term vision for the early years, childcare and play workforce
- First Minister news conference
- Construction begins on new £15m emergency services centre for Wrexham
- Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
20 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Annual data which includes conception rates by local authority and abortion data.
This report has been discontinued. Annual data will continue to be available on StatsWales.
- Teenage conception rates have generally been falling over recent years in Wales; rates for girls aged under 16 fell from around 11 per thousand girls aged 13-15 in the late 1990s to 5.6 in 2012, for girls aged under 18 fell from 34.2 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in 2011 to 30.8 in 2012, the lowest rate recorded since 1992 and for women aged under 20 fell from 52.6 per thousand females aged 15-19 in 2011 to 48.0 in 2012.
- Within Wales, rates for girls aged under 18 varied considerably in 2012, from 39.9 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in Blaenau Gwent to 19.1 in Powys.
- 43 per cent of conceptions for the under 18s were terminated by abortion and 20 per cent at all ages.
Tel: 029 2082 5080