Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Undertaking Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessments guidance
- Draft Designing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Draft Managing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
42 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes conception rates by local authority and abortion data.
- Teenage conception rates have generally been falling over recent years in Wales; rates for girls aged under 16 fell from around 11 per thousand girls aged 13-15 in the late 1990s to 5.6 in 2012, for girls aged under 18 fell from 34.2 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in 2011 to 30.8 in 2012, the lowest rate recorded since 1992 and for women aged under 20 fell from 52.6 per thousand females aged 15-19 in 2011 to 48.0 in 2012.
- Within Wales, rates for girls aged under 18 varied considerably in 2012, from 39.9 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in Blaenau Gwent to 19.1 in Powys.
- 43 per cent of conceptions for the under 18s were terminated by abortion and 20 per cent at all ages.
Tel: 029 2082 5080