Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
Work is underway on a new hi-tech engineering facility for Control Techniques which is being built by the Welsh Government
- Wales celebrates success at the Great Taste Awards
- £8.8m boost for services to support older people in Mid and West Wales
- Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
48 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes conception rates by local authority and abortion data.
- Teenage conception rates have generally been falling over recent years in Wales; rates for girls aged under 16 fell from around 11 per thousand girls aged 13-15 in the late 1990s to 5.6 in 2012, for girls aged under 18 fell from 34.2 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in 2011 to 30.8 in 2012, the lowest rate recorded since 1992 and for women aged under 20 fell from 52.6 per thousand females aged 15-19 in 2011 to 48.0 in 2012.
- Within Wales, rates for girls aged under 18 varied considerably in 2012, from 39.9 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in Blaenau Gwent to 19.1 in Powys.
- 43 per cent of conceptions for the under 18s were terminated by abortion and 20 per cent at all ages.
Tel: 029 2082 5080