Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Enhanced rights for older people in Wales move a step closer
The Welsh Government has announced its plans for a public consultation on proposals for a Declaration of the Rights of Older People.
- “£200m boost will accelerate Wales’ school re-building programme and support 23,000 jobs” – Jane Hutt
- Poor being stigmatised by welfare debate
- Enhanced rights for older people in Wales move a step closer
- Alternatives to Waste Transfer Notes and other aspects of Waste Regulation
- Proposals concerning the publication of official statistics
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
59 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes conception rates by local authority and abortion data.
- Teenage conception rates have generally been falling over recent years in Wales.
- For girls aged under 16 fell from around 11 per thousand girls aged 13-15 in the late 1990s to 6.1 in 2011.
- For girls aged under 18 fell from 36.9 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in 2010 to 34.2 in 2011, the lowest rate recorded since 1992.
- For women aged under 20 fell from 55.1 per thousand females aged 15-19 in 2010 to 52.6 in 2011.
- Within Wales, rates for girls aged under 18 varied considerably in 2011, from 54.1 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in Merthyr Tydfil to 18.1 in Monmouthshire.
- 42 per cent of conceptions for the under 18s were terminated by abortion and 20 per cent at all ages.
Tel: 029 2082 5080