Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing information on students with some teaching through Welsh and academic staff who are able to teach through Welsh by institution, mode and level of study, gender and module subject.
- In 2012/13 there were 5,465 students at Welsh HEIs with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, a 16 per cent increase since 2011/12.
- The proportion of students at Welsh HEIs who had some teaching through the medium of Welsh also increased, compared with 2011/12 (4.2 per cent in 2012/13 and 3.6 per cent in 2011/12).
- Excluding Welsh language and related subjects, the most popular subjects of study for students, with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, were education, creative arts and subjects allied to medicine.
- 255 students completed an Initial Teaching Training (ITT) course which qualified them to teach through the medium of Welsh. This was 17 per cent of all completers, five percentage points higher than in 2011/12.
- The number of FTE academic staff at Welsh HEIs , the FTE number of staff able to teach through the medium of Welsh and the number teaching through the medium of Welsh have all increased since 2008/09.
Tel: 029 2082 3528