Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
First Minister Carwyn Jones and the Welsh Language Commissioner Meri Huws have welcomed the publication of an in-depth survey of how people are using the Welsh language.
- ‘Choose Pharmacy’ pilot ‘shows potential’ in improving access to local health services, report finds
- New Children’s Commissioner for Wales announced
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Sharing the location of TB infected farms
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
- Fire and Rescue Authority – Performance Indicators 2015-16 onwards
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information on students with some teaching through Welsh and academic staff who are able to teach through Welsh by institution, mode and level of study, gender and module subject.
- In 2012/13 there were 5,465 students at Welsh HEIs with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, a 16 per cent increase since 2011/12.
- The proportion of students at Welsh HEIs who had some teaching through the medium of Welsh also increased, compared with 2011/12 (4.2 per cent in 2012/13 and 3.6 per cent in 2011/12).
- Excluding Welsh language and related subjects, the most popular subjects of study for students, with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, were education, creative arts and subjects allied to medicine.
- 255 students completed an Initial Teaching Training (ITT) course which qualified them to teach through the medium of Welsh. This was 17 per cent of all completers, five percentage points higher than in 2011/12.
- The number of FTE academic staff at Welsh HEIs , the FTE number of staff able to teach through the medium of Welsh and the number teaching through the medium of Welsh have all increased since 2008/09.
Tel: 029 2082 3528