Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
22 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information on students with some teaching through Welsh and academic staff who are able to teach through Welsh by institution, mode and level of study, gender and module subject.
- In 2012/13 there were 5,465 students at Welsh HEIs with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, a 16 per cent increase since 2011/12.
- The proportion of students at Welsh HEIs who had some teaching through the medium of Welsh also increased, compared with 2011/12 (4.2 per cent in 2012/13 and 3.6 per cent in 2011/12).
- Excluding Welsh language and related subjects, the most popular subjects of study for students, with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, were education, creative arts and subjects allied to medicine.
- 255 students completed an Initial Teaching Training (ITT) course which qualified them to teach through the medium of Welsh. This was 17 per cent of all completers, five percentage points higher than in 2011/12.
- The number of FTE academic staff at Welsh HEIs , the FTE number of staff able to teach through the medium of Welsh and the number teaching through the medium of Welsh have all increased since 2008/09.
Tel: 029 2082 3528