Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
The number of people dying from diabetes-related conditions in Wales continues to fall
- Consultation launched on future of Welsh apprenticeships
- Minister takes action to protect Wales’ social housing stock
- Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
- Consultation on the future of Right to Buy and Right to Acquire – a White Paper for social housing.
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
- Health Standards Framework
- Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
Featured consultation »Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
3 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
WIMD 2014 was published on 26 November 2014, using more up-to-date data and improved indicators based on lessons learnt from the production of previous Indexes.
WIMD is currently made up of eight separate domains (or types) of deprivation: income; employment; health; education; access to services; community safety; physical environment and housing. Each domain is compiled from a range of different indicators.
A package of products is available relating to WIMD 2014
- Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 2014
- Executive summary
- Guidance on use
- How WIMD is constructed - Infographic
- Frequently asked questions
- Technical report
- Data quality report - To be published in due course under 'Background information'
- Overall and domain ranks for each Lower Super Output Area (MS Excel)
- WIMD interactive tool (maps and data)
Deprivation in Rural Areas
- A guide to analysing deprivation in rural areas
- Exploration of unemployment in Wales by settlement type for small areas
Tel: 029 2082 3371