Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Historic New Tax Powers for Wales
- Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
- Construction begins on new £15m emergency services centre for Wrexham
- Historic New Tax Powers for Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Collection and management of devolved taxes in Wales
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
20 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on revenue and capital expenditure, non-domestic rates and council tax.
- Gross revenue expenditure, including spending financed by specific grants, stood at £7,741 million or £2,527 per head of population.
- Capital expenditure was £1,036 million, of which £261 million was expenditure on education and £207 million was expenditure on transport.
2012-13 council tax collection
- By 31 March 2013, councils had collected 97% of all council tax due for 2012-13, which was 99% of the amount budgeted to be collected.
- Local authorities budgeted to spend £2,597 per head of population or £7,957 million on gross revenue expenditure.
- Provision for education services accounted for 33% of the total budgeted gross revenue expenditure, social services for 20%, whilst police and fire services accounted for a further 9% and 2% respectively.
- Local authorities forecast capital expenditure to be £1,102 million in 2013-14.
- The total number of dwellings liable for council tax in Wales in 2013-14 was 1,338,304. The average band D council tax across Wales for 2013-14 is £1,226, a rise of 3.2% over 2012 13.
Tel: 029 2082 3963