Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
First Minister in Canada to win business for Wales - #WalesCan
The First Minister, Carwyn Jones, will travel to Montreal next week to meet with senior executives from a number of Canadian aerospace and technology companies.
- Young people lead community change at National Citizen Service Wales launch
- First Minister begins search for the best of Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- First Minister in Canada to win business for Wales - #WalesCan
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
80 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Woodlands for Wales indicators
An annual report which shows information on area of woodland, new planting, economic output and the amount of visits to woodland.
- The area of woodland in Wales has increased over the last twelve years and is now 305,000 hectares.
- The amount of new planting has increased since 2008; around 900 ha were planted last year.
- The forestry sector in Wales has an annual Gross Value Added (GVA) of £424 million and employs between 8,100 and 9,500 people.
- 64% of surveyed adults in Wales reported visiting woodland recreationally in the last few years.
Tel: 0300 062 2278