Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Headline data on the 3 key series of data related to young people who are NEET will be published quarterly, with an annual statistical report.
16-18 year olds
- SFR basis - As at end 2013 (p) ,10.5 per cent of 16-18 year olds were NEET (11,800) compared with 10.8 per cent (12,300) at end 2012.
- APS basis - New data - For the year ending Quarter 3 2014, 8.3 per cent of 16-18 year olds were estimated to be NEET, compared with 11.9 per cent at the year ending Q3 2013.
- Pupil Destinations basis – As at Nov 2013, 3.7 per cent of Year 11 leavers were NEET compared with 4.2 per cent in 2012.
19-24 year olds
- SFR basis - As at end 2013 (p), 21.2 per cent of 19-24 year olds were NEET (55,300) compared with 22.9 per cent (59,600) at end 2012.
- APS basis- New data For the year ending Quarter 3 2014, 19.7 per cent of 19-24 year olds were estimated to be NEET, compared with 21.4 per cent for the year ending Q3 2013.
The definitive source for estimates of the proportion of young people who are NEET in Wales is the annual statistical first release (SFR). The APS data provides users with timelier, but less statistically robust, statistics.
- Statistical first release ‘Participation of young people in education and the labour market’ using education data sources and the Annual Population Survey (APS).
- Annual Population Survey (ONS).
- Careers Wales Pupil Destinations from Schools in Wales survey.
Tel: 029 2082 3357