Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Superfast speeds come to Royal Welsh showground
The Royal Welsh is speeding ahead with superfast internet available on the showground for the first time this year, thanks to the Superfast Cymru programme.
- Action to improve care for critically ill patients
- First Minister begins search for the best of Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Superfast speeds come to Royal Welsh showground
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
79 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Next Generation Broadband Wales
Superfast Cymru will boost commercial roll-out to deliver high speed fibre broadband to 96% of homes and businesses in Wales by 2016.
This is the largest partnership of its kind currently in the UK and a major infrastructure investment that will take around three years to complete. To introduce a high speed broadband infrastructure to rural areas on this scale is an immense engineering task - the programme will deploy around 3,000 new fibre broadband cabinets to bring superfast broadband to Wales.
Superfast Cymru is set to transform the broadband landscape in Wales and to promote economic growth and sustainable jobs in Wales. We have estimated that up to 2,500 further full times jobs could be created throughout the Welsh economy over time. It will ensure we are at the forefront of the global digital economy and help to champion Wales as a great place to live, work, invest and visit.
More detailed information on the roll-out will also be available shortly at the new Superfast Cymru website: www.superfast-cymru.com