Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Next Generation Broadband Wales
Superfast Cymru will boost commercial roll-out to deliver high speed fibre broadband to 96% of homes and businesses in Wales by 2016.
This is the largest partnership of its kind in the UK and a major infrastructure investment that will take around 3 years to complete. To introduce a high speed broadband infrastructure to rural areas on this scale is an immense engineering task - the programme will deploy around 3,000 new fibre broadband cabinets to bring superfast broadband to Wales.
Superfast Cymru is set to transform the broadband landscape in Wales and to promote economic growth and sustainable jobs. Up to 2,500 further full times jobs could be created. It will ensure we are at the forefront of the global digital economy and help to champion Wales as a great place to live, work, invest and visit.
More detailed information on the roll-out is available on Superfast Cymru (external link).