Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
£68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
A £68million scheme to improve the A477 between St Clears and Red Roses has been officially opened by Transport Minister Edwina Hart.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government to fund Welsh Health workers to volunteer in Africa
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- £68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
57 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Information and Communication Technology infrastructure policy
We want Wales to be one of the best connected countries in Europe by 2016.
We seek to ensure that people and businesses in Wales access the best broadband in Europe in the following ways:
First Generation Broadband
We are working to ensure that individuals, businesses and communities located in broadband notspots, are able to quickly get access to the broadband they need.
Our Broadband Support Scheme provides financial assistance of up to £1,000 to help individuals, communities, Small and Medium sized Enterprises and 3rd sector organisations obtain a broadband connection.
Next Generation Broadband / Superfast Cymru
As part of the Programme for Government, we are seeking to ensure that residential premises and businesses in Wales will have access to Next Generation Broadband by 2016. For more information visit www.superfast-cymru.com
Providing a first class digital infrastructure is a key feature of the Delivering a Digital Wales strategic framework, aimed at making Wales a truly digital nation.
We are working with the mobile industry, Ofcom and UK Government to improve mobile coverage across Wales. A key focus of this work is to ensure that Wales benefits from the UK Government’s Mobile Infrastructure Project, a £150 million investment, to address mobile notspots.
We are also working with the Mobile Operators following the 4G spectrum auction. The licence which was awarded to Téléfonica O2 carries a coverage obligation of at least 95% of the population in Wales by the end of 2017.
We are investigating options to improve mobile coverage across Wales, including mobile services across the rail network.
How to find out more
If you’d like to find out more about our plans please email firstname.lastname@example.org.