Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Royal Assent for Wales Bill delivers new financial powers says First Minister
First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones has today welcomed the Wales Bill receiving Royal Assent.
- Plans to strengthen teacher assessment will help drive up standards
- Welsh Government CSOs safety drive
- Royal Assent for Wales Bill delivers new financial powers says First Minister
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
- National Training Framework on gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Travelling to better health
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Annual Population Survey (APS)
- Democracy and community governance
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of community and town councils in Wales
- Educational destinations of Key Stage 4 and post-16 learners
- Regional gross value added (GVA) and sub-regional gross value added - Production approach
- Student support applications for higher education
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Sêr Cymru programme
The Welsh Government has committed up to £50 million to the Sêr Cymru programme to enhance and build upon the research capability in Wales.
In June 2013, the Welsh Government proudly announced the appointment of a Sêr Cymru Research Chair in Neurobiology - Professor Yves-Alain Barde - to the School of Biosciences at Cardiff University; Professor Barde’s research in neurobiology strengthens the outstanding neuroscience research that already exists in Cardiff University.
The Welsh Government is now proud to announce that a further Sêr Cymru Research Chair appointment has now been made to Professor James Durrant.
Professor Durrant’s research areas are in polymer and organic pholtovoltaics and he will be located in the College of Engineering at Swansea University. The appointment will be formally known as the Sêr Cymru Research Chair in Solar Energy Research.
Professor Durrant will establish and lead a world class, dedicated research facility at a new Solar Futures Laboratory (SFL) based within the EPSRC funded SPECIFIC Innovation and Knowledge Centre at Baglan which will be a unique partnership between universities in Wales (led by Swansea) and Imperial College London.
The Welsh Government is very pleased to extend a warm welcome to our new Sêr Cymru Research Chairs and looks forward to seeing a very productive research programme and the building of a team of research excellence that commands world renown and presence.
The appointments of these truly outstanding researchers to Wales is a reflection of the importance of the Sêr Cymru research programme and the regard and status Welsh Universities hold on an international stage.
The Welsh Government’s Sêr Cymru programme invites proposals for Research Chairs in each of the three Grand Challenge research areas identified in the 'Science for Wales' strategy.
- Advanced engineering and materials
- Life sciences and health
- Low carbon, energy and environment
Universities are expected to contribute to the funding in a flexible manner, and contributions may also be augmented by sources such as industry and the European Union.