Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
Over £7,000 will be made available to local councils to support 22 days of tobacco detection dog work throughout Wales.
- Two weeks to give views on reform of local government
- Investment in new high-tech cameras to detect diabetes-related eye damage
- Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
26 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Digital Wales Advisory Network (Board)
We have set up an external advisory network, the Digital Wales Advisory Network, to provide Ministers with regular expert advice.
In late 2010, we established the Digital Wales Advisory Board (DWAB) to provide Ministers with regular expert advice. Their first Annual Report is available to download here. In 2012, we have evolved the board into a Network.
Membership has been drawn from a range of interests, reflecting both our commitment to inclusive policy making and expertise from each of the 5 main themes. All members have agreed to work on a pro-bono basis.
- Simon Gibson OBE (Independent Chair) - Chief Executive of Wesley Clover, a venture fund specialising in seeding technology companies. He previously co-founded Ubiquity Software Corporation - named Innovator of the year in 2001
- James Elias – Marketing Director Google UK. Before Joining Google, James spent seven years helping to build a name for US brand E-Trade in the UK, and immediately before joining Google gained an MBA from the Insead Business School in France
- Dr David Grant CBE - Vice-Chancellor of Cardiff University since October 2001. Dr Grant has overseen the merger between Cardiff University and the University Of Wales College Of Medicine and the awarding of University Status to Cardiff
- Prof. Ian Hargreaves CBE - Professor of Digital Economy at Cardiff University. Prof. Hargreaves is the Chair of Digital Economy, based jointly in Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies and Cardiff Business School
- Ron Jones CBE - Chair of the Creative Industries Panel and Executive Chairman of Tinopolis, one of the UK’s largest independent television production companies