Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
56 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
GEM UK: Wales Report 2011
The Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) is an international project involving 43 countries which seeks to provide information on the entrepreneurial landscape of countries. The results of the GEM data analysis are used as key benchmarking.
The findings from the survey is summarised below:
- The level of early stage entrepreneurial activity in Wales in 2011 was 8.1%, up significantly from 5.8% in 2010. The overall UK rate was 7.6%;
- The figures for Wales equates to around one in every twelve adults aged 18-64;
- Female entrepreneurship in Wales rose to a record high of 6.1%, compared to 5.0% in the UK.
- Early-stage entrepreneurial activity amongst young adults aged 18-29 continued to rise in 2011. The figure has almost trebled amongst this age group in Wales from 3.4% in 2002 to 9.7% in 2011.
- The number of non-entrepreneurial working age adults in Wales who expect to start a business within the next three years has risen from 5.2% in 2010 to 7.6% in 2011.