Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Wales outstrips the UK on exports
Official figures released show that the value of goods exported from Wales increased by £1.5bn over the past year to £14.8bn.
- Wales ready to welcome the world, Jane Hutt tells Brussels
- Time to get involved, Time to talk Apprenticeships
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Wales outstrips the UK on exports
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Review of weekly maximum charge
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
49 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A healthy start in childhood lays the foundation for a fulfilled adult life.
It is important that parents, carers and children are aware of the health risks to young people and do their best to minimise them. Risks include obesity, alcohol and drug abuse, cancer and sexually transmitted infections.
NHS Direct Wales: 0845 4647
The NHS Direct Wales website contains a wide range of health information including:
- details of dentists, pharmacies, sexual health clinics and support groups in your area
- an A-Z encyclopedia of health.
Make a Change4Life
These days, 'modern life' can mean that we're a lot less active. Which means that 9 out of 10 kids today could grow up with dangerous amounts of fat in their bodies. This can cause life-threatening diseases so it’s really important that we do something about it.
Want to make some changes? Sign up today.
Many children experiment with smoking, believing that they will be able to stop when they want to. But smoking is highly addictive and many find themselves unable to give up.
Smokers who wish to quit can contact Stop Smoking Wales for free and friendly help. Call 0800 085 2219 or visit the Stop Smoking Wales website.
Alcohol and drug abuse
Misusing drugs can lead to physical dependency (withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking it) or psychological dependency (you take it to make yourself feel good).
dan247 is a free and bilingual telephone drugs helpline and website providing a single point of contact for anyone in Wales wanting further information or help relating to drugs or alcohol. Call 0800 6 33 55 88 or visit the dan247 website.
Call the sexual health information line on 0800 567 123 for information and advice on:
- emergency contraception
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- pregnancy testing
- where to find your nearest Sexual Health Service.