Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
More Welsh companies winning major public sector contracts, Jane Hutt reveals
More Welsh companies are winning major public sector contracts in Wales thanks to action being taken by the Welsh Government to simplify the procurement process.
- Minister asks farmers to have their say on EIDCymru
- Play to highlight Modern Slavery issues to AMs
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- More Welsh companies winning major public sector contracts, Jane Hutt reveals
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Children and Families (Wales) Measure 2010, section 11, Play opportunities for children
We believe that children have a fundamental right to be able to play. We feel that play is central to their enjoyment of life and contributes to their well-being.
On 2 November 2012, we are commencing a duty on all Local Authorities to assess the sufficiency of play opportunities for children in their areas.
Through this legislation we intend to make Wales a country where every child has a wide range of challenging and interesting opportunities to play and enjoy their leisure time.
These regulations and guidance, set out the duty on Local Authorities and the matters that they need to take into account in their assessments.
This task will involve working with our partners to consider the many aspects of community life affecting play opportunities.
The regulations are available on the legislation website