Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Historic New Tax Powers for Wales
Minister for Finance and Government Business, Jane Hutt, has launched an historic consultation that paves the way for new tax powers for Wales - the first piece of Welsh tax legislation since 1283.
- Launch of 10-year plan for early years, childcare and play workforce
- Construction begins on new £15m emergency services centre for Wrexham
- Historic New Tax Powers for Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Collection and management of devolved taxes in Wales
- Draft 10-year plan for the early years, childcare and play workforce in Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
- Consultation on improving the availability of allotments and community gardens
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
20 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Careers with children and young people
Find out how to build a career working with children and young people. It can be challenging work but brings great satisfaction.
Working in early years, childcare and play
Are you good with children? Do you find it easy to capture their imagination with activities and role play? If so, what could be more rewarding than working with young children, helping them to learn about the world around them?
It’s work that challenges you daily, but it will bring huge variety and satisfaction.
Visit the Play Learn Grow website for details of training, career routes, job opportunities, and more.
Visit the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) website for a leaflet explaining the steps about registering with to become a child minder.
Have you got what it takes or have you considered a great and rewarding career in Youth Work? To find out visit the Thank Sam website.
Visit the Careers Wales website for advice and guidance, or phone 0800 100 900.