Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Chief nursing officer delivers Christmas message to 203 (Welsh) Field Hospital
Wales’ Chief Nursing Officer has flown out to the Helmond Province in Afghanistan with a seasonal message from the Health Minister and the Chief Executive of the NHS in Wales
- Cardiff Airport secures new airline for Glasgow and Paris flights
- First Minister to take a Christmas gift from Pontypridd to Uganda
- Chief nursing officer delivers Christmas message to 203 (Welsh) Field Hospital
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Public consultation on legislative changes affecting ambulance services in Wales
- Assisted Areas in Great Britain 2014-2020 - Stage 2
- Our Qualifications - Our Future: Consultation on proposals to establish a new qualifications body for Wales
- The Public Service Workforce
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
49 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
Our vision is for a confident, diverse, creative and active Wales.
We are responsible for the National Museums and Galleries, libraries, archives and historical records and cultural activities and projects in Wales.
We are also responsible for setting strategic priorities for the arts and sport and overseeing the funding delivery and management of arts and sports policy by the Arts Council for Wales and Sport Wales.
Broadcasting is non-devolved but the Welsh Government is anxious to ensure that the interests of Welsh citizens are reflected in the development of UK broadcasting policy.
The Welsh Government is responsible for protecting Wales’s historic environment and making is accessible to all. We do this though our division, Cadw, and the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales.
Aims and commitments
Our Programme for Government commitments include supporting provision of and access to the arts, culture and heritage that make Wales a special place to be. Some of the ways we will achieve this are:
- Develop the educational and cultural benefits of our museums and historic sites.
- Retain free entry to museums.
- Promote Cadw sites and bring forward our Heritage Bill.
- Support the Arts Council of Wales to deliver its arts and young people strategy 'Changing Lives'
- Encourage arts organisations to tackle the barriers to participation for people of all ages.
- Ensure that local authorities meet national standards of library provision.
Our commitments to sport include:
- Widening participation in sport.
- Improving Welsh sporting achievement.
- Promoting Wales as a venue for international sporting events.
To do this we will:
- Fund programmes aimed at increasing physical activity and participation in sport.
- Produce more elite athletes through Sport Wales's Elite Sports Strategy.
- Work with national, UK and international sports federations to ensure that major sporting events are hosted in Wales.
- Work towards bringing the 2026 Commonwealth Games to Cardiff.