Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales is a Welsh Government Sponsored Body (WGSB), and CyMAL: Museums Archives and Libraries Wales is responsible for policy and operational work relating to the museum.
Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales was founded by Royal Charter in 1907 and has 7 sites:
- National Museum Cardiff
- St Fagans: National History Museum
- National Slate Museum, Llanberis
- Big Pit: National Coal Museum, Blaenafon
- National Wool Museum, Dre-fach Felindre, Carmarthenshire
- National Roman Legion Museum, Caerleon
- National Waterfront Museum, Swansea
We introduced free entry to national museums in April 2001 and remains an important Welsh Government policy. The removal of charges has had a huge impact on visitor numbers. In 2013-14 over 1.6 million visitors enjoyed free entry to the seven AC-NMW sites, more than double the number in 2000-01.
To find out more about the Museum please visit the Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales website.
Every year, we issue a Remit Letter to AC-NMW. The letter sets out the Museum's role in relation to our strategic agenda. This includes details of the priorities and outputs expected as well as how much funding will be provided. The remit letter can be accessed via the menu bar on the left hand side of this page.