Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Archives are records of individuals or organisations with significant historical, cultural or administrative value.
Archive services seek to preserve unique archival heritage by collecting, listing, storing and making historic records of all kinds available to the public.
Archives in Wales
There are 13 local authority archive services in Wales, which collect and preserve records relating to the history of the local area. There are also a number of higher education and specialist archive repositories which collect archives of local and national interest and importance. Visit the Archives Wales website for more information about archive services in Wales.
Archives for the 21st Century
Archives for the 21st Century was produced in parallel versions for Wales and England in 2009. It outlines the challenges currently facing the archives sector and highlights the important contributions that archives can make to local communities. See the link to "Archives for the 21st Century" on the left for more information, and access to the Wales document.
Here is a list of sites of interest for the archive sector.