Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Libraries Inspire: The strategic development framework for Welsh libraries 2012-16
Public, educational, and workplace libraries, are at the heart of their communities. The very reason for their existence is to inspire and assist people to make a positive difference to their lives. Libraries contribute to the social, educational, cultural and economic wellbeing of the people of Wales.
This strategy describes how we will maintain and develop new innovative services to meet the needs of the people of Wales over the next 5 years. To do this, we need to work with all types of libraries and their parent bodies, and other relevant organisations.
The priorities of the strategy are to:
- work together to review current models of service delivery in response to the current economic climate, and develop new innovative models of delivery
- develop partnership working in procuring and improving access to resources, including new online services such as e-books
- modernise public library buildings to meet the changing needs of their users
- maximise the contribution of libraries in developing people’s skills to help everyone reach their potential, reduce inequality, and improve economic and social well-being
- invest in developing the skills of library staff
- implement a co-ordinated audience development programme across Wales to enrich the lives of individuals and communities
- ensure the provision of a high quality service through initiatives such as the Welsh Public Library Standards.
The Delivery Plan outlines specific actions and targets relating to deliver the priorities in each section of the strategy. It is a dynamic document and will be revised to reflect new priorities which arise during the duration of the Framework. It will also provide an opportunity to highlight the work carried out by the library sector.