Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Superfast speeds come to Royal Welsh showground
The Royal Welsh is speeding ahead with superfast internet available on the showground for the first time this year, thanks to the Superfast Cymru programme.
- Action to improve care for critically ill patients
- First Minister begins search for the best of Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Superfast speeds come to Royal Welsh showground
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Consultation on the Equality Impact Assessments for the 2014-2020 Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
80 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Events at the Garden
Throughout the year the Garden hosts a lively programme of art, music, dance and theatre. See the complete programme on the Garden's website, and a selection below.
TrailsGarden visitors have the choice of taking three trails.
- Green Technology Trail. Follow our new cartoon character, Lili Lloyd. She will show you the ways we generate micro-energy, conserve water, grow organically and build sustainably.
- Waun Las National Nature Reserve. A network of paths takes you across our organically farmed meadows and through Pont Felin Gat, a beautiful ancient woodland rich in historic relics from the Middleton Regency Park.
- Sculpture Cymru Trail. Features outdoor sculptures created by Sarah Tombs, Lyndon Mabley, Pete Sainty, Sophie Myfanwy Wellen, Paul Kincaid, Georgina Park, Dilys Jackson, Deborah Lewis and Susan Roberts.
Special tours and talks can be arranged for groups if booked in advance.
From Another Kingdom
This is the first major exhibition in the UK to focus on the fascinating world of fungi. It is showing at the National Botanic Garden of Wales from Saturday March 19 2011 to February 2013. The Great Glasshouse has been transformed into a labyrinth of themed spaces where visitors will come face-to-face with
myths and magic
the role fungi play in eco-systems and recycling
their use in disease and medicine.
Highlights include a forest of super-sized toadstools, glow-in-the-dark mushrooms and a version of Russian roulette involving deadly poisonous fungi.
For more information
For more information on events, talks and exhibitions at the National Botanic Garden for Wales please its website.