Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
22 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Events at the Garden
Throughout the year the Garden hosts a lively programme of art, music, dance and theatre. See the complete programme on the Garden's website, and a selection below.
TrailsGarden visitors have the choice of taking three trails.
- Green Technology Trail. Follow our new cartoon character, Lili Lloyd. She will show you the ways we generate micro-energy, conserve water, grow organically and build sustainably.
- Waun Las National Nature Reserve. A network of paths takes you across our organically farmed meadows and through Pont Felin Gat, a beautiful ancient woodland rich in historic relics from the Middleton Regency Park.
- Sculpture Cymru Trail. Features outdoor sculptures created by Sarah Tombs, Lyndon Mabley, Pete Sainty, Sophie Myfanwy Wellen, Paul Kincaid, Georgina Park, Dilys Jackson, Deborah Lewis and Susan Roberts.
Special tours and talks can be arranged for groups if booked in advance.
From Another Kingdom
This is the first major exhibition in the UK to focus on the fascinating world of fungi. It is showing at the National Botanic Garden of Wales from Saturday March 19 2011 to February 2013. The Great Glasshouse has been transformed into a labyrinth of themed spaces where visitors will come face-to-face with
myths and magic
the role fungi play in eco-systems and recycling
their use in disease and medicine.
Highlights include a forest of super-sized toadstools, glow-in-the-dark mushrooms and a version of Russian roulette involving deadly poisonous fungi.
For more information
For more information on events, talks and exhibitions at the National Botanic Garden for Wales please its website.