Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
Public Service Minister Leighton Andrews AM is putting workforce matters at the centre of the public service reform agenda
- CGI to bring 620 jobs to Bridgend thanks to Welsh Government Support
- Welsh Government responds to Daily Mail claims on Welsh NHS
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Events at the Garden
Throughout the year the Garden hosts a lively programme of art, music, dance and theatre. See the complete programme on the Garden's website, and a selection below.
TrailsGarden visitors have the choice of taking three trails.
- Green Technology Trail. Follow our new cartoon character, Lili Lloyd. She will show you the ways we generate micro-energy, conserve water, grow organically and build sustainably.
- Waun Las National Nature Reserve. A network of paths takes you across our organically farmed meadows and through Pont Felin Gat, a beautiful ancient woodland rich in historic relics from the Middleton Regency Park.
- Sculpture Cymru Trail. Features outdoor sculptures created by Sarah Tombs, Lyndon Mabley, Pete Sainty, Sophie Myfanwy Wellen, Paul Kincaid, Georgina Park, Dilys Jackson, Deborah Lewis and Susan Roberts.
Special tours and talks can be arranged for groups if booked in advance.
From Another Kingdom
This is the first major exhibition in the UK to focus on the fascinating world of fungi. It is showing at the National Botanic Garden of Wales from Saturday March 19 2011 to February 2013. The Great Glasshouse has been transformed into a labyrinth of themed spaces where visitors will come face-to-face with
myths and magic
the role fungi play in eco-systems and recycling
their use in disease and medicine.
Highlights include a forest of super-sized toadstools, glow-in-the-dark mushrooms and a version of Russian roulette involving deadly poisonous fungi.
For more information
For more information on events, talks and exhibitions at the National Botanic Garden for Wales please its website.