Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Jobs Growth Wales ends its second year on a high: Nearly 10,000 job opportunities filled and counting
- Hi-tech system developed in Wales designed to support clinical trials for cell therapy and regenerative medicine
- Lord Mayor of London hears of compelling proposition to attract financial and professional services firms to Wales
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Jobs Growth Wales ends its second year on a high: Nearly 10,000 job opportunities filled and counting
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
5x60 Secondary School Sport Programme
This Sport Wales scheme increases opportunities for extra-curricular sport and physical activity sessions for primary age children. It builds on the Dragon Sport scheme.
The Sports Council report that 99% of Wales's mainstream secondary schools have signed up to the 5x60 scheme.
The programme is managed by local authority 5x60 officers, based in designated schools. They work with local stakeholders to create opportunities that meet the needs and choices of the pupils. Officers involve parents, students, and local coaches and sports club personnel in developing activities.
The 5x60 programme complements existing sport and physical education (PE) provision in schools. It offers a range of activities to all children regardless of ability. A key principle is that the pupils chose the activities themselves. Activities include:
- competitive sport;
- informal activities, such as dance and aerobics;
- coached activities; and
- outdoor activities.
The programme gives young people opportunities to lead activities in their own schools.
The 5x60 programme is a £4.9m Welsh Government funded programme.
For more information on the schools involved and the activities being offered, please visit the websites below.
Visit: Sport Wales website (external link)
Visit: 5x60 website for young people (external link)