Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Wales outstrips the UK on exports
Official figures released show that the value of goods exported from Wales increased by £1.5bn over the past year to £14.8bn.
- Wales ready to welcome the world, Jane Hutt tells Brussels
- Time to get involved, Time to talk Apprenticeships
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Wales outstrips the UK on exports
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Review of weekly maximum charge
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
49 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Coaching and Leadership
We are committed to increasing the number and quality of coaches, leaders and instructors in Wales by supporting them with improved access to education and training.
Coaches and leaders are very important to our strategy, Climbing Higher, and our targets for increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
Through 5x60 we are providing young people with opportunities to gain leadership qualifications. These can give them the confidence and skills to gain further qualifications and employment.
The Welsh Government invests £1.4m each year for the development of coaching through our Coaching Plan for Wales – 'More Coaches Better Coaches'.
UK Coaching Certificate
The Coaching Plan for Wales is supporting national governing bodies of sport in implementing the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC). UKCC is a generic coaching qualification that provides coaches with transferable skills across sports and the UK.
Our dedicated website, Coaching Wales, provides advice for new and existing coaches and leaders, and information on how to become a coach.
For more information visit the Coaching Wales website.