Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
New figures show a big rise in the number of affordable homes in Wales
The Welsh Government is on course to meet its ambitious target of providing 10,000 additional affordable homes by May 2016.
- International tourism to Wales increasing
- Regeneration is central to tackling poverty and encouraging economic growth, says Minister at national summit
- New figures show a big rise in the number of affordable homes in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Review of the existing policy on disposal of higher activity radioactive waste
- Human Transplantation (Wales) Act 2013: new regulations
- National Training Framework on gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
- Review of the Childcare Sufficiency Assessment Duty on Local Authorities
- Travelling to better health
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Affordable housing provision
- Assembly Learning Grants (ALG) awarded to Welsh domiciled further education students
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Education Maintenance Allowance and Assembly Learning Grant
- Great Britain Day Visits Survey
- Great Britain Tourism Survey
- Jobs Growth Wales
- Reserves held by schools
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Coaching and Leadership
We are committed to increasing the number and quality of coaches, leaders and instructors in Wales by supporting them with improved access to education and training.
Coaches and leaders are very important to our strategy, Climbing Higher, and our targets for increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
Through 5x60 we are providing young people with opportunities to gain leadership qualifications. These can give them the confidence and skills to gain further qualifications and employment.
The Welsh Government invests £1.4m each year for the development of coaching through our Coaching Plan for Wales – 'More Coaches Better Coaches'.
UK Coaching Certificate
The Coaching Plan for Wales is supporting national governing bodies of sport in implementing the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC). UKCC is a generic coaching qualification that provides coaches with transferable skills across sports and the UK.
Our dedicated website, Coaching Wales, provides advice for new and existing coaches and leaders, and information on how to become a coach.
For more information visit the Coaching Wales website.