Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
£220,000 to improve support for new mothers
Funding of £220,000 to increase support for new mothers across Wales, has today been announced by Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty, Lesley Griffiths.
- First Minister news conference
- Consultation launched on future of Welsh apprenticeships
- £220,000 to improve support for new mothers
- Consultation on the Code of Guidance to Local Authorities on the Allocation of Accommodation and Homelessness 2015
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
- Consultation on the future of Right to Buy and Right to Acquire – a White Paper for social housing.
- Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
- Sharing the location of TB infected farms
Featured consultation »Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
2 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Coaching and Leadership
We are committed to increasing the number and quality of coaches, leaders and instructors in Wales by supporting them with improved access to education and training.
Coaches and leaders are very important to our strategy, Climbing Higher, and our targets for increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
Through 5x60 we are providing young people with opportunities to gain leadership qualifications. These can give them the confidence and skills to gain further qualifications and employment.
The Welsh Government invests £1.4m each year for the development of coaching through our Coaching Plan for Wales – 'More Coaches Better Coaches'.
UK Coaching Certificate
The Coaching Plan for Wales is supporting national governing bodies of sport in implementing the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC). UKCC is a generic coaching qualification that provides coaches with transferable skills across sports and the UK.
Our dedicated website, Coaching Wales, provides advice for new and existing coaches and leaders, and information on how to become a coach.
For more information visit the Coaching Wales website.