Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
Economy Minister Edwina Hart officially unveiled Alert Logic’s new state-of-the-art European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cardiff
- Stay safe online! Minister launches new E-Safety Tools & Resources
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
- Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Coaching and Leadership
We are committed to increasing the number and quality of coaches, leaders and instructors in Wales by supporting them with improved access to education and training.
Coaches and leaders are very important to our strategy, Climbing Higher, and our targets for increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
Through 5x60 we are providing young people with opportunities to gain leadership qualifications. These can give them the confidence and skills to gain further qualifications and employment.
The Welsh Government invests £1.4m each year for the development of coaching through our Coaching Plan for Wales – 'More Coaches Better Coaches'.
UK Coaching Certificate
The Coaching Plan for Wales is supporting national governing bodies of sport in implementing the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC). UKCC is a generic coaching qualification that provides coaches with transferable skills across sports and the UK.
Our dedicated website, Coaching Wales, provides advice for new and existing coaches and leaders, and information on how to become a coach.
For more information visit the Coaching Wales website.