Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
Over £7,000 will be made available to local councils to support 22 days of tobacco detection dog work throughout Wales.
- Two weeks to give views on reform of local government
- Investment in new high-tech cameras to detect diabetes-related eye damage
- Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
25 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Coaching and Leadership
We are committed to increasing the number and quality of coaches, leaders and instructors in Wales by supporting them with improved access to education and training.
Coaches and leaders are very important to our strategy, Climbing Higher, and our targets for increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
Through 5x60 we are providing young people with opportunities to gain leadership qualifications. These can give them the confidence and skills to gain further qualifications and employment.
The Welsh Government invests £1.4m each year for the development of coaching through our Coaching Plan for Wales – 'More Coaches Better Coaches'.
UK Coaching Certificate
The Coaching Plan for Wales is supporting national governing bodies of sport in implementing the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC). UKCC is a generic coaching qualification that provides coaches with transferable skills across sports and the UK.
Our dedicated website, Coaching Wales, provides advice for new and existing coaches and leaders, and information on how to become a coach.
For more information visit the Coaching Wales website.