Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
£68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
A £68million scheme to improve the A477 between St Clears and Red Roses has been officially opened by Transport Minister Edwina Hart.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government to fund Welsh Health workers to volunteer in Africa
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- £68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
57 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The ICT Strategy team are responsible for developing the potential of ICT to support teaching, learning and assessment in schools and post-16 settings.
We work in partnership with local authorities, and other government bodies.
We live in a society which is increasingly dependent on technology, from online shopping to booking a holiday.
A recent survey by Becta, the government agency leading the national drive to ensure the effective and innovative use of technology throughout learning, indicated that the percentage of households with access to broadband has grown from just 8% in 2003 to 85% in 2008.
The ICT Strategy team are responsible for developing the potential of ICT to support teaching, learning and assessment in schools and post-16 settings. We work in partnership with local authorities, and other government bodies.
Along with developing an e-learning and ICT strategy the team are responsible for promoting the use of the Becta ICT Self Review Framework to support school effectiveness across Wales. We are also the lead on the One Wales commitment to pilot the provision of laptops for children.
An important part of our work is the managing and developing of the National Grid for Learning Cymru initiative, as a “one stop shop” that provides online teaching resources and good practice guidance.
We also work in partnership with 14-19 networks to develop policies on the use of learning platforms, reviewing and updating the post-16 eLearning Framework for Wales; and provide guidance on e-safety issues.
We work in partnership with local authorities, and other government bodies such as:
- The Public Sector Broadband Aggregation (PSBA) Wales programme. This is a Welsh Government led activity that is creating an information & communications platform for greater collaboration across the public sector. See the PSBA website for more information.
- Becta is the government agency leading the national drive to ensure the effective and innovative use of technology throughout learning. See the Becta website for more information.
- JISC Regional Support Centre who advise learning providers on the deployment of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT). See the JISC website for more information.
- The National Grid for Learning Cymru (NGfL Cymru) is managed by the Welsh Joint Education Committee (WJEC) on behalf of the Welsh Government. It consists of nearly 3,000 high quality downloadable educational resources which support all Key Stages of the Curriculum, from Early Years to Post 16. Many of the resources are interactive, and all have been produced by practising teachers. See the NGfL website for more information.