Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
Economy Minister Edwina Hart has thanked Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth for his work as Chair of the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone.
- Lasting dedication unveiled to pay tribute to Welsh role in the First World War
- 100 Superfast Cymru exchanges providing faster broadband speeds
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
51 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The Welsh Government supports a strong and varied Higher Education sector in Wales.
Information about our policies for the sector can be found in this section of the website.
We fund the Higher Education (HE) sector in Wales though the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW), with support for students being provided by Student Finance Wales.
This is a delivery partnership in which the Welsh Government, the Student Loans Company, local authorities and Further and Higher Education Institutions in Wales each have their respective roles in the development of policy, promotion, assessment and payment of grants and loans to students.
Our policy document 'For our future' details our 21st Century HE strategy and plan for Wales. It is based on a vision of a HE community which, through the combined efforts of its members, transforms lives and livelihoods across Wales. It seeks to deliver social justice and support for a buoyant economy.