Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
Over £7,000 will be made available to local councils to support 22 days of tobacco detection dog work throughout Wales.
- Two weeks to give views on reform of local government
- Investment in new high-tech cameras to detect diabetes-related eye damage
- Illegal tobacco detection dogs given more time to sniff thanks to Welsh Government funding boost
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
25 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Quality and Effectiveness Framework
The Quality and Effectiveness Framework for post-16 learning will help us to ensure that the education and training that it funds is of high quality and meets the needs of learners.
Quality and Effectiveness Framework (QEF) Overview
The Quality and Effectiveness Framework (QEF) is based on a small number of core indicators. As well as the core indicators, there are a number of other aspects of providers’ performance which are not necessarily quantifiable, but which remain important to determining overall effectiveness. We anticipate that these will be measured primarily through providers’ annual self-assessments.
Further details can be accessed via the tabs on the left.
- Learner outcomes reports (LORs)
- Tribal Benchmarking tool
- Value Added
- National Comparators
- Employer engagement
- Learner satisfaction
- Learner involvement
Leadership and management
- Peer Review
- Education for Sustainable Education and Global Citizenship (ESDGC)