Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
48 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The learning journey for young people placed by the Youth Justice Board (YJB) in Secure Children’s Homes (SCHs) in Wales
This document covers requirements for the provision of education and training for young people placed in SCHs via the YJB.
This document is jointly owned by the Youth Justice Board (YJB) and the Welsh Assembly Government (WAG).
The purpose of this document is to:
- describe the policy environment in which young offenders’ learning and skills provision is set;
- describe the role that young offenders’ learning and skills provision is expected to play in achieving the Government’s policy objectives in England and Wales;
- set out requirements and good practice for the delivery of learning and skills services for juvenile offenders in Secure Children’s Homes (SCHs). It looks to promote consistent education and training experiences for young offenders between custody and the community, with provision based on meeting personal needs and fostering young peoples’ engagement, progression and achievement; and
- set out the requirements and expectations that the YJB and WAG have for the provision of education and training for children and young people (placed by the YJB) in SCHs in Wales.